Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-04-2017 , 08:27 PM

Maya 2017 blendshapes with diven keys, stop working while animating even crashing

Hello.
I have a character whose face is animated with control shapes translations as driver for driven keys for the blendshape node. So nothing fancy and I rigged the character by myself. The character is loaded as reference in the anim scene. If I start animating, everything is normal. But after some time, lets say 5 minutes, I realize that the control shapes dont drive the Blendshapes any more. I check the sliders on the blendshape node and they move but the mesh does not deform any more. So I just reload the characters reference and it works again for some time until it happens again. ( Its always the same BS which stop working) But now it got even worse. If I move certain control shapes Maya freezes and stops working. The nodes I have on the characters mesh are from top to bottom: model:renderGeo (thats how I named the mesh), model:skincluster99 , model:faceBS (here are my BS) and last is model:tweak131. So thats really annoying whats going on here. If I open the scene in Maya2016 : same result. Any help is highly appreciated.