Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-12-2013 , 03:05 PM

reversing normals help

hello all i am trying to reverse the normals on something i will be covering with a mesh but whenever i do so the faces expand ...right before this started happening i accedentally clicked set to face but i cant figure out how to reverse it ...if you know my problem or think you do plz reply ...i will post jpeg screenshots as well

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-12-2013 , 03:07 PM
p.s. the top picture is the after and bottom that is still normal colored is the before

# 3 23-12-2013 , 06:33 PM
Just go ahead and soften the edge on the normals. I have never encountered a problem where it splits like this. It could be the poly viewing mode to see errors. Don't recall the exact name. I generally work off a normal angle angle and tweak in 30 degree increments. Hope that helps...

# 4 23-12-2013 , 07:25 PM
Technical Director
Why are you flipping just those normals? What might be happening is the rest of the model has its normals pointing inwards, and you are flipping the selected ones into the opposite direction, causing the crease.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.