SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / blending 2 normal maps to

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

26-12-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
Sil-Valeor
Subscriber

blending 2 normal maps to
ok people here's a problem.

I made a model (pillar), and made normal map for it.

So now i have file texture node (with normal map), which is conected to bump2D node (file1.outAlpha --> bump2d.bumpValue) which represents normal mapping.

Now, i'd like to add detail normal map, that would be blended with current normal map, but would add details if you come close to it.
Problem is, i tryed to use blend colors node, but output of normal map must be OutAlpha it seems (to be conected to bump2d node), but blend node doesn't have outAlpha, so i dunno how to work this out now.

So, anyone got an idea? In short, how to blend to difrent normal maps to 1 bump2d node?