SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Moving Vertices

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

12-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
Emms
Subscriber

Moving Vertices
Hi There,

I have a polygon cylinder, I have deleted the end caps. I have scaled all the vertices at one end of the cylinder into a perfect point, so all the vertices are exactly on top of one another. If I can't hit "undo" and the vertices are not merged, is there a way to scale them back out evenly without having to select each vertice one at a time and move them arbitrarily back into a circle?

Thanks!
Emms.
12-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
Gen
Super Moderator

You could just drag select all the verts in question and scale them back out in an ortho view.
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::
12-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Emms
Subscriber

Quote:
You could just drag select all the verts in question and scale them back out in an ortho view.
Thanks, I tried that but same result. The vertices don't move at all. Guess I might just have to do it manually.