Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-12-2010 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber

UV layout question

Hey I have laid out UV's for my park and have divided it into 3 sections; Yellow, Red, and Blue/Black/Off-Yellow. It didn't dawn on me that this could be an issue until now. I was wondering how am I going to do the snapshots for these? If I remember correctly if I put the UV's in the 1 to 1 box and do a snapshot and move it to do the next set it will throw off where the textures are laid out.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Here's how they are laid out currently. I'm kind of at a stand still at the moment because of this.

user added image

# 2 20-12-2010 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber
In the Uv snapshot options you can set the Snapshot Range ...Default its set to be at the 0,1 range, but you can set it for Full range, which is -1 to 1, or a user defined setting, Just change it to that it snaps the appropriate range for your uv snap shot and texture as necessary

G-man

# 3 20-12-2010 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
Wow I didn't see that option at all, must have missed it. Thank you so much!