Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 04-12-2007 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber

# 17 04-12-2007 , 01:48 PM
I think his waist area is too long and he doesnt seem to have hips/ass.

Looks good still user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 18 04-12-2007 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
Yeah i might just edit it abit, though it will be covered with ncloth dont forget :p

# 19 04-12-2007 , 01:52 PM
Subscriber

# 20 04-12-2007 , 08:59 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
His, Torso is waaaaaay to long!!!

Also there seems to be allot of weird edge loops in your mesh.

Other than that it's looking pretty good, the skin texture is nice (a bit off) but nice. I wish i had a tan like his... and i live in Florida user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 21 09-12-2007 , 12:42 AM
Subscriber
man do this a couple of times and you'll be well on your way to doing some great stuff.., this is beyond me for a while.., organics..?? too much for me

go go go user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 22 09-12-2007 , 01:06 AM
What about organic vegetables!!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 23 09-12-2007 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
YOU AGAIN!!! actually speaking of organic veges i just got back from nimbin..,

hows the wellington boots.., new zealand, where the men are men and the sheep are scared!!

as i was saying.., organics is too time consuming.., its like having to draw again.., except harder.., i mean its easy to draw an ORGANIC apple but a little more difficult in maya.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 24 09-12-2007 , 04:47 PM
Not even fruit cake!!

Leave NZ alone. Cuz thats exactly what they are. alone.. with lots and lots and lots of sheep. You thinking what Im thinking!

# 25 11-12-2007 , 03:24 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys, just letting you know im still in the challenge. Had abit of a break from this challenge as i wanted to get started with some other projects i wanted to do.

Marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 16-12-2007 at 07:05 PM.
# 26 11-12-2007 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber
Mayaniac - Yeah as i was working on this, in the end i didnt really care since you woudnt be seeing this as he'll have cloths on. Also with the edge loops, i was just generally ignoring it for this challenge(dont know why), i just had more a lot of fun mucking around using the split poly tool anywhere and everyone :p Cheers

Appriciate the comment also regarding the texture user added image Yeah some place's its abit dodgy but ill get them all fixed for the final still render.

As for the model, im just making it to be a solid as the final will just be a render though later on in the future im going to re-work this guy and fix everything such as all the bad stuff about it user added image If you kinda get that.

Mirek - Haha, maybe in a couple of years time ill work on organics again, as i really hate it. Guess im on the same boat as you. user added image

Louis - Dont get how NZ are like a different country. We share the same flag and ocean, where pretty close we could be a new state. :p

Cheers guys

M