Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-03-2005 , 02:37 PM

Nurbs union

NEWB NEEDS HELP
Hi, I'm making a flashlight but im stuck on 2 things.

1 - how can i make 2 nurb objects become 1 (kinda like glue)

2 - how do i make a spotlight light over the edges cuz mine lights only where it's pointing, (what i mean is that it does not look like there is a hole and you can only look there)

# 2 02-03-2005 , 04:33 PM
just map the spot light, you could edit some of the spot light attributes that would give you faded edges but you would be better off if you went into photoshop and made the effect you want for your spotlight in 2D. This would mean you could add a fade off and any other scratches or marks you want in the beam. Maybe turn off default rendering lights in the rendering global settings and have an ambient light for a subtle light in the rest of the scene?

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 03-03-2005 , 04:02 PM
Never mind, u cant glue 2 nurbs objects. they have to be polys.

# 4 03-03-2005 , 05:09 PM
glued is a very bad term to use. Basically you want them to atleast look like one part, as long as they have tangential and transitional continuity (as in end joining CV's of the two patches have to be in the same place and have thee same curvature) then the two surfaces will look like one, then just group the surfaces togeather to make your object.

# 5 03-03-2005 , 06:44 PM
try circular fillet or attach

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein