Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 17-10-2002 , 09:32 PM
i'm not sure that's supported. better check the lists at a|w's website...could be part of the problem.

Signatures are the opium of the masses.
# 17 17-10-2002 , 09:34 PM
but yeah, that question was actually for Raedius

Signatures are the opium of the masses.
# 18 20-10-2002 , 10:35 PM
SM Alumni
I used to get lockups with maya - tracked it down to winamp 2.x. the second I started using the 3.x betas/final my probs dissapeared. weirdness....

# 19 23-10-2002 , 07:28 AM
Erm... GeForce 3

I just looked at the Maya hardware guide and it says under Gf3 "Not qualified"

Shit.

~Raedius

# 20 23-10-2002 , 04:51 PM
Raedius: I have a GF2 GTS 32 DDR and it's working nicely. It's "not qualified" either. I think they're not even testing these "gamer" cards... With nVidia cards you might want to try couple of different detonator driver versions. Not all of them are good. Personally I use a rather old and stable version (can't remember the version, maybe 23.xx). Newer versions wouldn't add any more features or speed for me...

Btw, is there a fan on your gf3? If yes, have you checked it's ok? I was just thinking if it's an overheating problem...

P.S. Forget about virtual memory. It's not good for anything else than testing you patience user added image Physical mem is the only way to fly...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!