Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-09-2005 , 07:15 AM

Sept/Oct - norm - Baheno

Hah! Might as well try my luck in this comp aswell, seems like it's not as extensive as the last which fits me perfectly with having to do other projects at school, I'm gonna do the unnamed (i think) hero from Wonderboy - In monster world for the Sega Genesis (Megadrive here in europe)

Attached Images
# 2 06-09-2005 , 07:16 AM
'nother image depicting the look I want to achieve with my model

Attached Images
# 3 06-09-2005 , 07:19 AM
I don't really know if I want to do a realistic version of him or if I want to make it look as closely as possible to the little sprite in the screenshot, might as well try and do both, starting with the "classic" look of him, and maybe, try and do a more realistic version after that.

# 4 06-09-2005 , 08:19 AM
okay, the shoe is as good as done, all I have left ir to smooth it some, but all that's comming in when the whole model is done, so I can work with the polycount

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 06-09-2005 , 08:54 AM
okay, gone a little further now, the bottom part of his armor is done and smoothed for a test.
It weighs in at 2.2k tris so if I want to keep under the 3k limit I'll have to edit and delete some edges user added image

Attached Images
# 6 06-09-2005 , 10:46 AM
okay, the armor's done, it's all smoothed and i've added the legs, I have some small problems with the armor, on the front of it, between the "peckers" there's some oddities in the geometry i have to look in to...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by baheno; 06-09-2005 at 11:58 AM.
# 7 06-09-2005 , 11:57 AM
okay, the head is pretty much done, gonna add the eyes, and then I have the crown and the hair to create also.

Attached Images