Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-10-2005 , 06:02 PM

Not a good Sign

So, I have this dynamics simulation. In playback, this sign has maybe three keyframed posistions, and on the last one or two goes from passive to active. So, the sign appears to rip off its post, and goes flipping down the walls and floor of this canyon, bouncing and rolling to a stop. Works perfectly.

When I try to batch render it, though, it doesn't work. The sign follows through on its keyframed posistions, but once it arrives at the 'active' key, it stops moving in the original direction, and drops through the floor.

I know the simulation is other wise still dynamic, because the sign becomes affected by gravity. I can manually generate the sign at a specific location on a frame by frame basis, but I'd rather not have to do that. I'm using mentalRay, is that a factor? Why isn't the sign using the motion it has on playback in the batch render?

Please advise.