Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-10-2005 , 06:57 PM

texture in viewport

Hello, first post, and already a problem..=)

In attached pic you can see that in left window (high quality render) texture is correctly applied, and in right window (it is the same perspective view) it is strangely streched... all other textures (for car reference planes) are ok, and all of them are extracted from the same bluprint (michael mckinley tutorial). If i apply any other texture on that problematic plane, it works fine, and top.tga is incorrect on any plane i try. I tried to extract top 5 times in different resolution and formats and it didn't helped.
I'm running Maya 7.0 Unlimited on athlon 64 3200, 1gb ddr ram, nvidia 6600gt, and photoshop cs for extraction..

i just cant get it...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-10-2005 , 07:00 PM
and this is how top.tga looks

(just didn't know how to post 2 pics in same post)

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 26-10-2005 , 07:02 PM
sorry, im sleepy, this is correct one, please delete post before

thanx

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 27-10-2005 , 08:21 PM
ok, in case you want to know solution... it's weird...

If i draw marquee in photoshop (to extract top) from outside the original picture (grey area), then in maya i get that strange streched texture, but if i draw marquee from inside the picture, near the edge, it comes fine in maya. I tried it about 15 times, and this was the only solution that worked... very strange

Anyway forgot to say hello in first post, so.. hello to everyone

# 5 30-10-2005 , 09:41 PM
hi goldo, glad you solved yer problem

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 6 11-11-2005 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber
I'm getting the same issues too.

It works fine in Maya 6.5, but when I come to use Maya 7, it spams up. I guess its back to the old stuff until I actually know why its screwing up.

I havent got a clue on how get around this. I've tried the method you have used Goldo, but I havent had any luck as of yet.

Btw, welcome to the forums!!!