Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-04-2006 , 09:24 AM

Annoying rotate problem

Hey Forum,

I've been getting real annoyed with this problem - Ive been stuck on this and trying to work it out for 2 days now. I have put quite a few hours trying to work it out, looking on searches...etc

Basically the problem is that im trying to rotate an object and it's shape changes..... When you look at the picture - the length decreases when it rotates around, along with a small rhombus like distortion as the object gets fatter....

I don't want this to happen - I want the shape to stay exactly as is like it was before it the rotation.... any help is appreciated....

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-04-2006 , 11:58 AM
I think if you select the object and go Modify ---> Freeze transformations that might work.

# 3 18-04-2006 , 03:43 PM
Didn't make the slightest difference.... but thanks anyways...

Guess another day of guessing how to fix it is on the cards.... 3 days to rotate an object without deforming - Im starting to think 3d Max is sounding good....

# 4 18-04-2006 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
can you post up the file so we can take a look at it ? then we can find out more ..hard to find out with just a screenshot ?