Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-08-2006 , 08:19 PM

Conection failure

Hello and thank you currently I am trying to create a new face to fill in an area. Below are the points that I want to connect, and as I am self-taught I can’t figure out any other way then simply extruding one of the existing edges, however this is much to tedious for Maya and since I will be doing it many times in the near future I need help. So any help is greatly welcome, thank you in advanced. Also if so requested I can keep you updated on my progress if your into this type of thing.

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 01-08-2006 , 08:24 PM
Try using the append polygon tool, that should make a face from the vertices that you have highlighted

# 3 01-08-2006 , 08:48 PM

Re

Thank you, however I cannot seem to figure how to work the above mentioned tool. When I select the points then click to use the tool all it does is select the entire polygon that I created, and it won’t allow me to draw the area I wish to apply like I wish to.

# 4 01-08-2006 , 08:57 PM
if you're trying to fill a hole in your geometry with a polygon (or more) then like gster said, the append to polygon tool is the way to go... although when i use the tool i find it easier to click on the border edges of the hole you want filled instead of clicking on vertices.

oh and you should be in object mode when you use the tool, not component (like vertices or faces) mode.

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 01-08-2006 , 09:17 PM
I think I may simply be stupid, be this as it may I cannot get the tool to work, I click on the object in object mode then I go to Polygons > Append to Polygon Tool however it does nothing no matter where I click, any suggestions?

# 6 01-08-2006 , 09:22 PM
sure... attach the file in a post and i'm sure somebody will give it a go. user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 7 01-08-2006 , 09:37 PM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
sure... attach the file in a post and i'm sure somebody will give it a go. user added image

I would however its is much to large.^^''''