Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 06-07-2009 , 06:27 AM
very good point about the throat chirone thanks heaps most of that neck area will be covered though im going to give him some type of cape gown thing which will tie up pretty high at the neck. But thanks heaps for the post

# 17 06-07-2009 , 06:34 AM
started on his tunic looking alright dont know about the colour might change that

Attached Images
# 18 06-07-2009 , 06:50 AM
ok i couldnt help but post this one as you can tell could be possibly getting excited about these results lol i just love this look hes kinda starting to look menacing

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 06-07-2009 , 07:17 AM
Subscriber
ah right

hey, how did you do the material underneath the armour?

he is looking more menacing which reminds me... whatever happened to your perverted fairy?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 20 06-07-2009 , 07:23 AM
lol yeah he umm i think i learnt everything i could from him then just couldnt be bothered with it anymore lol which is a tad ashame cos he was kinda cool, thats awesome that you remembered that lol umm tunic under armour what i did was first model the chestplate then i modelled two sleeves the lower tunic and the upper neck part then put them all together i figured their was no point in modelling the tunic which would be covered by the armour. But yeah it was all just poly modelled extruded from a cylinder then extruded a fraction just to give it thickness if that all makes sense

# 21 06-07-2009 , 07:26 AM
as you can tell im really loving how this is turning out will probably start modelling out the arms and hands soon as you could probably tell the hands a scaring me a lot

Attached Images
# 22 06-07-2009 , 08:04 AM
Looking good, I'm liking the materials you've got for the armour.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 23 06-07-2009 , 08:39 AM
thanks heaps gster i used a anistropic tweaked with a brownian prcedural bump and then the elephant texture for colour turned out incredibly nice

# 24 08-07-2009 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
Hey that looks great. You are amazing texturing an modeling.
I cant believe this eye.

# 25 08-07-2009 , 08:02 PM
thanks heaps taquion it really means alot when you get a post like that cheers appreciate it

# 26 13-07-2009 , 10:04 AM
ALRIGHTY im getting somewhere near complete i think kinda lol but still got plenty of time left so happy about that heres a post with a bit of a background please feel free i need plenty of crits

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 13-07-2009 , 02:25 PM
The Maya Mountain
His head seems really wide right now. That's the main thing that jumps at me right now. Also, the fireball doesn't seem to be casting any light.

# 28 13-07-2009 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber
Agree with everything mike has just said also his hands are looking a little small (and missing a finger?!) and there seems to be no real center to the fire ball so its kinda like a floating fire cloud...

Finally the shot imo doesnt work. it all looks a little lost as there is so much empty space. Have a look at some portraits and see how they look to get some ideas.

On a plus note the modeling and texturing looks great but will need to be tweaked for the final image/pose (i would suggest doing this with any still image as things can always be touched up user added image)

T

# 29 13-07-2009 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
i think he looks like a dwarf :p

no, but seriously, that little finger needs to be fattened up a bit

tommyb, i don't think he's missing any fingers, i've counted 5 on each hand..

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 30 13-07-2009 , 11:19 PM
i deffinately agree guys about the fingers they do need some major work still.

Mtmckinley: i never really thought about the fire casting off light, of course it does but i think that is a huge element that i have missed thankyou ill look into it. Also the head may need some scaling ill see what i can do.

bigtommyb: floating fireball it does kinda look like that now that i am looking at it i might try a new way around a different particle sim??? thanks for the comment

Chirone: youre right their are 5 fingers but they do need to be fattened i think even if it is just to show him really grasping that sword