Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2011 , 12:02 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Anyone use this book?

as the title says, has anyone ever read or used this book? LEARNING AUTODESK MAYA 2009 THE SPECIAL EFFECTS HANDBOOK...I need it for a class but most of the reviews I read on it are saying its not a good book. Can anyone suggest one I can pick up that may be better?

# 2 09-03-2011 , 09:10 AM
Dont know about this book, but if the reviews arn't great maybe steer clear.
What do you need the book for? a general maya book, FX, modelling?

3D is a massive topic so getting a book that covers it all very well doesn't really happen.

Have you considered video guides instead, its allot better to see someone going through the steps sometimes. That along side maya help (which is actually pretty damn good) might be enough.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 09-03-2011 , 05:07 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
The book is for a 3d simulation class, from what I understand its FX but wont know for sure until the class starts. I have not really looked into any videos for it as I am not sure what the class will consist of yet, but I was going to get another book to use along side that one and since its the class required book I need to get it.

# 4 09-03-2011 , 05:41 PM
EduSciVis-er