Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-06-2003 , 07:57 AM

Env ... Texturing

I read the manual but I can not get it to work

How do you make one of those Env sky dome thingies where whenever the camera does not see geometry it will render a sky

How do you make the sky with nice clouds and all

Thanks

# 2 18-06-2003 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber

Re: Env ... Texturing

Originally posted by PixelPost
I read the manual but I can not get it to work

How do you make one of those Env sky dome thingies where whenever the camera does not see geometry it will render a sky

How do you make the sky with nice clouds and all

Thanks

environment textures are for what they are named - for environments. just placing a env sky (or env anything) in your scene wont make them appear in render. if you want to have it attached to the camera, just create a image plane for the camera, go to texture, and add a new env sky. and you already have a sky. if you want to add clouds you go to the settings of the env sky and add clouds with a texture. you click in clouds "use texture" and create a new clouds node (or fractal or whatever), connect the alpha to the cloud texture, and out color to coulds brightness. and now it is up to you to tweak your sky the way you want to.

hope that helps