Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-08-2006 , 05:52 AM

Layered Shader with Alpha...possible?

Hello all,
I have a simple model of a landscape and have a layered shader on it. I'm trying to achieve a quick and simple effect of grass growing and overtaking the landscape. On layer is an image sequence that slowly disappears (via an alpha channel). My original line of thought was if I created a layered shader, then had the top shader disappear, then it would reveal the one below it, but alas, this did not happen. The path it takes is very specific, so I can't just play with the Alpha on the layered shader.

Is anyone aware of how to either remedy this situation, or achieve the same results via a different way? Cheers!

# 2 13-08-2006 , 10:19 PM
well, what actually happens?
In addition, are you messing with the alpha of the texture itself, or the alpha for the layered shader - if you're only messing with the alpha for the upper texture, try re-mapping it to the alpha connection of that part of the layered shader, and see it what happens.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com