Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-03-2010 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber

microphone render

My render of microphone was accepted into cgsociety gallery.

For me that is a huge accomplishment because it means my dedication to learning 3d the past 5 years is paying off.

here is a link.

and any comments are welcome.

https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...f=132&t=860264

Last edited by banksta; 05-03-2010 at 04:20 PM.
# 2 05-03-2010 , 03:34 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Cool stuff man, congrats!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 06-03-2010 , 02:50 AM
Looks really good George, congratulations.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 06-03-2010 , 03:05 AM
Subscriber
thanks mayaniac and cybram.

# 5 07-03-2010 , 06:21 AM
Lifetime Member
That is uber cool banksta!!! Almost has a 70's look about it.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 07-03-2010 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
thanks bullet

# 7 07-03-2010 , 04:44 PM
Subscriber
Hi george.im fairly new to cg society, could you explain,do you have to submit your work somewhere particular to have it considered. I see the cg choice gallery on the homepage all the time,with the same images in it always,good images mind... Is it the same gallery you are referring too? Ben H

# 8 07-03-2010 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ben hobden
Hi george.im fairly new to cg society, could you explain,do you have to submit your work somewhere particular to have it considered. I see the cg choice gallery on the homepage all the time,with the same images in it always,good images mind... Is it the same gallery you are referring too? Ben H

Ben I think you have to become a member and make a portfolio. Also your artwork has to be considered good enough by the site administrators who will judge it and if they feel it is good they will allow it. it is not easy to get your work featured on there site, so good luck.

# 9 07-03-2010 , 08:23 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by banksta
Ben I think you have to become a member and make a portfolio. Also your artwork has to be considered good enough by the site administrators who will judge it and if they feel it is good they will allow it. it is not easy to get your work featured on there site, so good luck.

yes. I am a paid up member and have a portfolio space set up.jst 3 images at the moment,soon to be a couple more if im lucky. What im wondering is, do the administrators jst pick at random from all the portfolios,or do you have to ask for it to be considered.?

# 10 07-03-2010 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ben hobden
yes. I am a paid up member and have a portfolio space set up.jst 3 images at the moment,soon to be a couple more if im lucky. What im wondering is, do the administrators jst pick at random from all the portfolios,or do you have to ask for it to be considered.?

You have to submit the piece for consideration when You upload it. If you already have it uploaded re-do it and before you save check the area where it says submit for consideration in cgsociety gallery. Make sure you read the guidelines because they will reject it if they are not all followed.

# 11 07-03-2010 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
pretty cool microphone.. makes me want to model my new microphone At2020usb. Congratulations on making into the gallery. user added image

# 12 07-03-2010 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by banksta
You have to submit the piece for consideration when You upload it. If you already have it uploaded re-do it and before you save check the area where it says submit for consideration in cgsociety gallery. Make sure you read the guidelines because they will reject it if they are not all followed.

Oh, ok. I remember there was a whole lot of options when I uploaded my images originally. And will do. One of my pieces on there I have since updated so will reload it at some point anyway. Thanks for that.

Ive seen your name about on here before, dont think our paths have crossed before though. Congratulations on getting accepted. That must feel pretty good.

# 13 07-03-2010 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
pretty cool microphone.. makes me want to model my new microphone At2020usb. Congratulations on making into the gallery. user added image

thanks rhetoric

# 14 10-03-2010 , 09:52 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
your work is getting better bankstar i remember a couple of years back when i use to try and upload my work they constantly use to reject it

# 15 10-03-2010 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by murambi
your work is getting better bankstar i remember a couple of years back when i use to try and upload my work they constantly use to reject it

Thanks Murambi.

the same use to happen to me. One reason is I use to rush my work back then, I actually unsterstand now how to add those extra details to my models now and how to texture and look at real world objects to see how they react with light which is the key. I also have incresead my knowledge of lighting and added mental ray in to my workflow. I use to be scared of mental ray because I didn't understand how it worked. When I learned when I needed GI and FG and how they actually worked things started clicking. I have to give the company that helped me learn production workflow credit for that, 3D MIRAGE.