Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-02-2021 , 11:19 AM

Writing Script for baking FK-Controllers to Locators for Spaceswitching

Hello everyone,
first time posting here and I would really appreciate your help.
I’m writing one of my first scripts in MEL and I encountering a problem. The idea of the script is that you can select a chain of FK-Controllers (like a tail for example) bake them to locators that are connected with constraints so you can animate these in worldspace and bake them back.

Both Script parts work allright when I execute them seperatly but when I try to access them with the UI I wrote may gives me this error:
// Error: line 0: No object matches name: //

Can anyone tell me where the error happens? I’m quiet lost because it’s telling me it’s the line 0

This is the script:

Last edited by fifoux; 11-03-2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Wanting to delete thread but dont know how
# 2 11-01-2022 , 02:49 PM
I am sorry, I don't know.

# 3 11-01-2022 , 02:50 PM
Min vän står också inför // Fel: rad 0: Inget objekt matchar namn: // detta fel. Har du hittat en lösning? Om du hittat lösningen, dela den med oss. Jag kommer att vara tacksam mot dig. Jag sökte efter minsta insättning 10 kr på nätet och när jag sökte efter det online på google sök hittade jag din inläggslänk.

Last edited by MollyTSnyder; 24-03-2022 at 07:16 AM.