SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Head Modeling Next Step

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

23-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
bubbleme80

Head Modeling Next Step
Hi, i modeled 3 heads now. I UVed mapped them, and now i was about to texture them.

But now that i think, i should start putting in hair/ eyelashes/ eyebrows. I'm thinking of using PaintFX in Maya to create them. I've found some tutorials on how to do hair using control curves.

i was wondering, what the most effective and efficient way of creating hair/ eyebrows/ eyelashes with PaintFX would be.

For eyelashes, i think the best way would be using the control curves, but for eyebrows... perhaps using nurbs surface?.. i'm not sure if i should use all same methods on all three different parts of hair.

*they are 3 seperate files, i just imported them to show on same image file

*i got rid of all refines just for now. i'll add sub-d refines when after textures and hair is all in place