Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-02-2004 , 03:50 AM

makeing eyes?

ok.
im makeing a female poly head model and i would like to know your oppinions for the best way to make eyes???

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 2 20-02-2004 , 06:41 AM
nurbs sphere with a color ramp for the texture works ok.

# 3 20-02-2004 , 07:51 PM
im sorry i should have been more specific i want to know how to properly make eyes sockets and lids

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 4 21-02-2004 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber
One good way to do them is to make a good eye first. This sets in a good underlying structure for you to more easily make the rest around. The Iris size on the eyeball, varies much less from person to person. you get the Iris size right and you will know the size of the ball. I can find the ruff proportions of that if you like.

That will help you structure your lid and socket well around it. With the eyelid just make sure you leave a fold crease for the top lid. It is a good idea to put a tear duct in while your at it. Its often overlooked.

# 5 21-02-2004 , 08:06 AM
Usually I make eyelids as a part of the face (if its a high rez and more or less realistic being). Then I use Blendshapes to animate the eyelids - and also all other facial features.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S