Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-11-2002 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Bird's Beak

Hello, can anyone help me or guide me in how i go about making a bird's beak....i learn from this tutorial and the beak instructions wasn't clear for me, and i thought making a bird would be easy..i guess nothing in 3d is easy, even for the simple objects. for me at least.....ahhahah......Thank you...

# 2 27-11-2002 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
the easiest way might be to make 3 curves for the top of the beak that are somehow bent and meet at the tip of the beak and then just loft them.

# 3 27-11-2002 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
That's true....i could do...have you used "Create polygon tool" i find it kind it troublesome...don't know..how to use it..it kind of overlap..if i outline the beak....thanks again babyduck

# 4 27-11-2002 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
create polygon what??? no i have not tried it out. dont know such a thing even exists. well i do know there is a lot of stuff that exists which i dont know about. user added image

# 5 27-11-2002 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber
Baby duck... i suggest learning a bit more Maya, check this out:
Polygons - > Create polygon tool

as for you strykernet,
making a beak is more easier in nurbs, if you are a newbie than this might help:
Make a circle (duplicate it many times & move to the correct position) edit the point in each circle such that it has almost a primitive shape of a beak.. then loft them... if it is not good enough... tweak it a bit more... then you might get one... this is a newbie way there are a lot of other methods you could use..

# 6 27-11-2002 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
babyduck: no problem...we all learning here in this great forum =)

tariqf: i'll try your method too....

This is a great place to get help...thank you all

# 7 27-11-2002 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tariqrf
Baby duck... i suggest learning a bit more Maya, check this out:
Polygons - > Create polygon tool

as for you strykernet,
making a beak is more easier in nurbs, if you are a newbie than this might help:
Make a circle (duplicate it many times & move to the correct position) edit the point in each circle such that it has almost a primitive shape of a beak.. then loft them... if it is not good enough... tweak it a bit more... then you might get one... this is a newbie way there are a lot of other methods you could use..

thank you very much that you tell me to learn more maya. i do nothing else with maya. not my fault that polys have zero priority over curves and nurbs right now. learning both at once does not work.

and what i wrote down is a complete newbie way to do - as i am a total newbie (not even knowing that i have to know there is a poly create thing).

and by the way the poly create tool only works if you actually want a poly model. ok, you can convert polys to nurbs, but only if you convert poly->subd->nurbs - and this only works in maya 4.5. the loft can loft directly poly or nurbs ...

# 8 28-11-2002 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
user added image,,,,
you can convert poly's to nurbs directly... i have 4.0 unlim... and it works just fine..

# 9 28-11-2002 , 01:55 AM
The Maya Mountain
you must have a different 4.0 than I do, because I can't convert polys to Nurbs.... :p

# 10 28-11-2002 , 02:17 AM
Subscriber
oooppss..... sorry... its was nurbs to polys..user added image