Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-11-2007 , 08:53 AM

Blueprint Sizes off

Wasn't sure where to post this so I threw it here. I have these gundam pics here but the the pics are a tad off and I don't know how to fix them. Can I fix them, or do I just have to estimate.?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 04-11-2007 , 08:54 AM
pic...
Also, is there a mel code that can automate the positioning of image planes in Maya?

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Last edited by AnthonyCg; 04-11-2007 at 09:05 AM.
# 3 04-11-2007 , 08:58 AM
Lifetime Member
You could take them into Photoshop or any other photo editting package for that matter and resize them to match using guides or if you are using planes in Maya to mount the references you could create a few horizontal planes vertically down the image at stratigic points and size them to line up.
It's not uncommon for references to be just slightly off and it might not even be possible to get then to match exactly but getting them as close as possible will make it easier.

Hope this helps a little regards J.S.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 04-11-2007 , 09:10 AM
I've found myself getting lucky and finding blueprints that were oddly lined up perfectly, so I'm not really used to these problems.
Thx.

# 5 05-11-2007 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
Kbrown has a mel script that generates poly planes for image ref I use it pretty much every time i set up an image plane, ( on iccasion i'll just place a plan and image it myself for som eodd peice of a model that isnt easily visible on the main image ref's) placed them on their own layer and sets them to reference only automatically, and sizes the plane's scale factors to be proportional to the resolution of the image automatically as well

Last i knew you coudl find it on his website, or if you search on highend 3d for kari brown you can find all of his scripts there as well

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 6 09-11-2007 , 09:05 PM
Thanx for the info ppl.