Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-12-2009 , 07:37 AM

"Happy new year"

Hi,
I've got nothing against people saying happy new year i think it really nice, i say it! But how come you don't say happy new second or happy new day or happy new month or anything? thanks, happy new year!

# 2 30-12-2009 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber
Your just full of thoughtful discussions aren't you? user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 30-12-2009 , 07:08 PM
EduSciVis-er
Because Jan 1st is an international holiday and the rest aren't. That's the unfortunate truth user added image

# 4 30-12-2009 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
there is only one day a year that people are happy, and that's when they believe they can start over, start fresh, start with a clean slate, and it happens to be New Years. So people are excited about it. These are also the same people that don't end up starting over or bettering themselves. Let these people be happy atleast one day because for the next 365 days they're going to be miserable. Let it be, let it be.

Happy New Year.

# 5 31-12-2009 , 04:37 AM
Subscriber
i always thought new years was just an arbitrary date. there really isn't anything significant to physically mark the date like with christmas (although that date is a total guess i hear)

but then there must have been a reason to change new year from april to january right?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 31-12-2009 , 04:47 AM
EduSciVis-er
I don't think it's arbitrary, but I don't know the reason. The gregorian calendar was carefully devised and a few emporers/caesars got their names in it user added image.

Christmas isn't a guess either, it was placed to override the pagan winter solstice celebrations. I guess it worked. :p