Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-02-2011 , 02:26 PM
rm3d

playblast

hey hey, is there anyway to make playblast look decent, it always looks crap and plays back the scene at some offset angle, never straight on like the camera. it would be nice as i am playing with dynamics and its a quick and easy way to see what the scene looks like

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk
# 2 27-02-2011 , 02:40 PM
rm3d
ps on a slightly(on not so slightly) unrelated topic, the reason a use playblast is because the dynamics get errors which really slow down the playback, but using playblast shows the dynamics as they should do over the whole scene. anyway to stop the errors from causing the slow playback? other than making the dynamics work right. lol

# 3 27-02-2011 , 10:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
What kind of errors are you talking about?

# 4 28-02-2011 , 01:44 AM
rm3d
i think i solved the problem with playback, i was getting the error "nucleus evalution skipped, frame change to large" but i was playing back in real speed, changing the play back to play every frame seems to work just fine. still the playblast is looking crap though. lol

# 5 28-02-2011 , 05:04 AM
EduSciVis-er
Yeah, with dynamics you need to set playback to every frame, otherwise it'll skip frames and mess up the sim.