Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-01-2007 , 01:57 PM

How to construct human face

I am very new to Maya and I assignd to do project about the human face. I have to creat plug-in that generate human face from skull. Goal is to define from existing skull what the person was looking like. It is quite forensic thing. I have no idea how to work it out, plzz HELP

Anyone plzz HELP me, any suggestion; the procedure, tools, or any related projects that might help me

Thx

Pos: there will be 21 important points, these would determine how thickness of tissue layer in each position on the face, it depends on the race and gender. I do have all info and also the 3d scanned human skull.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-01-2007 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
Hello, wow nice 3d Skull head btw...

Just wondering is it even possible to have a plug-in like that in maya? Also how did you make the skull soo defined?

mj

# 3 22-01-2007 , 02:34 PM
RE: marlonjohn

This is not skull I made. It is from the real skull using 3d scanner.

I dont know that Maya fit for this or not but it is practical to do
isnt it?

If I can model by Maya, MEL would provided some instant code
the rest is rewrite code to fit my purpose. but that is the point, how can I model such a face from this skull.

Plz, help me

# 4 22-01-2007 , 02:44 PM
Senior Software Developer

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 22-01-2007 , 02:44 PM
You can do, its well over my MEL Scripting head though, you Could use blend shapes etc with custom attributes linked to the 21 areas that are needed to make up the face, via locators on the skill that corrispond to the face/

Hope that makes some sense?

I would start by making a simple rig to deform something like a sphere with another sphere and then try and script that to get he basics going.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 22-01-2007 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber
yeah i agree with ransid, try that and hopefully youll get a good response...

"You can do, its well over my MEL Scripting head though, you Could use blend shapes etc with custom attributes linked to the 21 areas that are needed to make up the face, via locators on the skill that corrispond to the face"

wow i never though it would be possible really with maya, but from another high complex computer program. you must be pro i think to do that kind of MEL Scripting i think :p

goodluck with it vannistleroo,

# 7 22-01-2007 , 04:28 PM
Can you provided some sample mel script that you use for your work also the useful tools. I dont know where to get those.
And can you guys recommend some good books about the human face/head modeling also the tutorials.
I have 9 months to work on this project.

Thx for every helps

Pos: At first, do I should use sphere or loft the shape from curve? which would be better?