Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-11-2004 , 04:34 PM

HELP PLEASE Diamond Shader

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving...

I'm new to the rendering aspect of Maya so I need a little assistance...

I'm trying to create a diamond, I don't exactly know where to begin in texture and shader area, the model is done, the animation is done... I just don't have a clue where to begin on the surface... any help?

# 2 30-11-2004 , 06:54 PM
try looking on highend3d.com. If you can't find a diamond shader, start with a glass shder and go from there. Maybe look at an iridescent shader and use the reflection from that at a low level on the glass shader.

Last edited by Dann; 30-11-2004 at 06:56 PM.
# 3 30-11-2004 , 07:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
Reflection maps make all the difference for such things.

# 4 01-12-2004 , 02:16 AM
I'm not sure but this site probably has something on raytrace & settings for DIAMOND or other gems. If not it would be a good idea for Simply Maya to post a table of hardness & other properties for glass, diamond, plastic . . .