Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-01-2006 , 02:23 PM
Subscriber

How to...ribbon

I'm doing concept models for an animated short me and my siblings are planning on making. Does anyone know how to make a ribbon? It's for one of our characters "outfits". I need to make a ribbon that I can tie up into a bow-like knot. Thnx!

My password is ********.
# 2 18-01-2006 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber
One way of doing it would be just to have a flat plane and just rig it as you would a character.

I don't know how hard that would be animate but that's one way of doing it.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 3 18-01-2006 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
another way is drawing a profile curve with epcurve tool create a circle and manip to shape attach as mothin path

note u will need to set some keys so that it does not distort so follow the shape along and and set thr roate where it needs so it dont distort and it should look ok

and create animation snap shot and set incremet to 1 or .5 depending on the size of ur model, loft the new circles and wola
then u can clean up and delete the unneccessary circles are u have deleted the ribbons hist

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

Last edited by pbman; 18-01-2006 at 06:35 PM.
# 4 18-01-2006 , 06:59 PM

# 5 19-01-2006 , 12:54 AM
Subscriber

thnx

Thanks everyone! I'll try those ideas, thnx!

My password is ********.