Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-07-2007 , 08:22 AM

Motion blur problem

Hi,

I animated a scoreboard and each modelised light contains 2 nurbs surfaces. I created a driven key to switch the visibility of those 2 surfaces(a surface for light on, the other for light off.)
The scoreboard is moving. Once the scene rendered(2d motion blur on), the light is disapearing during a frame when lights turns on. When motion blur is off, everything is ok. I think it could be ok if I could change the shutter delay, but how!!

Maybe you could give me a trick to bypass this problem. I dont want to reanimate my scene with shading transparency. There is to much lights.

Thank you very much.

Norez

# 2 29-07-2007 , 07:44 PM
Tried shifting the keys for the turn-on action back one frame so that for one frame both of the surfaces are visible? Dunno if this actually works but it should be easy enough to try out anyway...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 31-07-2007 , 07:13 AM
Hi Kari,

My turn-on/off action is set by driven key(boolean) on a group containing the surfaces. Many lights are on and off at different time in the animation. My boolean attributes are "keyed". Moving back one frame those key will move back one frame the problem... Dont you think?

Thanks

Norez

# 4 31-07-2007 , 05:27 PM
Hmmm... true that...

You could perhaps get away with rendering the 'on' and 'off' surfaces in separate layers and try to fix the problem in comp. For example if the camera is not moving then you could maybe simply slip the 'on' layer one frame backwards... Just an idea...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 01-08-2007 , 06:58 PM
Thanks Kari, i'll try that or maybe something like motion vector blur in comp...

Ciao!

Norez