Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-07-2010 , 03:39 PM

Extrude Edge faces 0n/off switched

Hi. Using Maya 2009 on Precision 690. 8 gigs RAM. OS: XPx64

While I was working on a new mesh yesterday at some point the default settings for the Extrude Edge Tool switched from "Faces Together: On" to "Off".

Anyone know how I can reset the default settings on this tool?

It's really slowing down my workflow to have to change the faces together setting to "on" each time I use the tool.

Thanks,
Tristan

# 2 02-07-2010 , 04:12 PM
EduSciVis-er
Hmm, that's odd... does it turn back off every time you use the tool, or every time you open up Maya? I'm assuming you've double checked that the Keep Faces Together is checked before you use the tool?

If you hit undo for the extrudes a couple times it'll undo your changes to the Keep Faces Together; long shot, but that might be causing the problem?

# 3 02-07-2010 , 04:43 PM
Hi. It's every time I use the tool. First I re-launched Maya, then restarted my PC trying to fix this.

I have to manually change faces together to on ( Faces Together > click #1 to switch to On) every time I use the tool

I can only guess I somehow changed the default settings for this tool somehow and I can't find any way to set it back. Anyone know how to access the default settings for this tool?

T

# 4 03-07-2010 , 03:23 AM
New Wrinkle: OK, Now I extracted some faces from the mesh -- Togle Select Faces > Mesh > Extract.

The extracted mesh has all the faces separated following the extraction. This must be a larger issue than just these specific tools. Anyone with any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 03-07-2010 , 03:28 AM
I found the problem. In the Edit Mesh window the first item is "keep faces Together" which is either checked or unchecked. I must have somehow unchecked it yesterday without even knowing it existed as a general setting.

Thanks guys.

T