Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-02-2006 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber

mad lab for novice users

i am thinking of buying the mad lab DVD Bundle, but i would like to know if i would be getting my money's worth. what i mean is, is it worth buying it?
does it cover lighting and rendering? and does it show you how to model the scientist?

any advice would be great!!

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 2 22-02-2006 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
I've just bought enough points and downloaded it, it seems a good purchase. But I've only just seen part 1, but I'll post back when I've finished and give me verdict user added image

It should show you how to model the Scientist as it shows you how to texture the actual model in the other section. It should actually cover all the bases.

UPDATE
======

I've just scanned through the whole tutorial and you are not shown on how to model the scientist, which has left me feeling pretty disappointed as I am doing a laboratory scene for my Foundation Degree project that has to have an animated biped and I was hoping that he would have covered modelling the Scientist, as I really needed to have something at least to work from. As I havent got a clue on how I'm going to model this character.

Its great the way you are takent through how to do certain things, but the fact that you are not shown the character modelling, has ruined the experience for me.

Sorry.. If there are any tutorials on how to model a Scientist can someone please direct me? Many thanks and most appreciated.

Last edited by Keith160377; 22-02-2006 at 08:31 PM.
# 3 22-02-2006 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
ok, cool. i will be visiting this forum daily to check up on what you will be saying!! user added image

# 4 22-02-2006 , 08:38 PM
IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 22-02-2006 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
To be honest, I do feel a little cheated, but if you want environments, then this is for you. Its very good

# 6 22-02-2006 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
shame, no scientist.
but there is the scene to model. which is why i wanted to buy the dvds. but does it cover lighting and rendering??????

# 7 22-02-2006 , 10:02 PM
yes, covers lighting and rendering a little bit

www.joopson.com
# 8 22-02-2006 , 10:02 PM
here is the one i built, but i made my own lighting
user added image
and i am pretty bad at lighting! lol and modeling, and rendering, and everything, lol

www.joopson.com
# 9 22-02-2006 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
wow that a cool scene. i like the style...you know a funky style. if every house was like this, the town would end up to be "Nonumbersville".