Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-09-2005 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber

Cartoon Dog

Hi

I've found this dog too cute and because I "only" have Cinema4D I tried if it works. And this is the result after 2 weeks of pushing and pulling points. I think it looks not to bad.

He's completly boned and it is even possible to give him a few expressions with his eyes and his eye brow.

Thanks Kurt for such a great Tutorial!

Patrick Eischen (Luxembourg)

My Gallery: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery.e...rtist=petz%5Fe

P.S. I know that this forum is only for Maya work, but in the tutorial Kurt said that I should post my dog into the forum. I hope this is the right place

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-09-2005 , 04:53 PM
hey man this dog is pretty cool. i like it a lot.nice render too.
i am going to see your gallery.user added image

# 3 04-09-2005 , 04:57 PM
i just saw your gallery and i can say that you are a great modeller.i love all your render.they are impressive.i am waiting the day i will be good like you lol.user added image

great job!keep up the good work.user added image

# 4 04-09-2005 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
Great job man. We need a friendly person in here.

PS. Wait, on your ipod shuffle, it says it has 1gb of memory. That much, hmmm, wow.

# 5 07-09-2005 , 10:29 AM
Subscriber
hey nice dog but im not sure about the black spots....
i looked at ur gallery - u have some nice work in there - i really like the watch

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 6 08-09-2005 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by alienscience
PS. Wait, on your ipod shuffle, it says it has 1gb of memory. That much, hmmm, wow. [/B]

Dude, my cellphone has 1gb memory, plus the 90mb in the phone itself, iPod sucks! user added image

Anyhow, I really like the model, and, it's always nice to see new people on the board, regardless of which app they use user added image

Textures look a bit off to me though, the black spots look like they're floating in some way (or something like that, can't exactly put my finger on it) and I think it'd be better without the dirt(?)thing on the snout... But of course, that's just in my opinion user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"

Last edited by blomkaal; 08-09-2005 at 10:10 PM.
# 7 14-09-2005 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber
nice render, I would only suggest some work on the eyes so they more 'part of the head' and not spheres intersecting with a plane.

# 8 13-10-2005 , 03:58 PM
My ipod has 30gb of memory user added image

I love your dog it looks better than what I made when I tried to make oneuser added image