Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 24-04-2006 , 06:42 PM
well said!user added image user added image user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 17 24-04-2006 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
one thing that i have noticed is that ppl who dont play video games or like them, they tend to blame video games right away, and how many of them have actually played doom or mortal combat???? in my opinoion games that have alot of gore and stuff arnet that much fun.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 18 24-04-2006 , 11:21 PM
mortal Kombat, lol

www.joopson.com
# 19 27-04-2006 , 11:52 AM
Subscriber
is that your favorite game or something?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 20 27-04-2006 , 06:46 PM
ummm.....maybe?

www.joopson.com
# 21 27-04-2006 , 10:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
game ratings are there for a reason. If mommy and daddy take their 3 year old to an R rated movie and then complain about their kid being exposed to violence and sex, people would say they need their head examined.

It's no different with games. Mommy and daddy need to know better than to buy their child inappropriate material, and need to be involved enough in their children's lives to know what they are playing and intervene if their child managed to get inappropriate material on their own without their knowledge.

# 22 28-04-2006 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
when i buy a game, i usually check out gamespot.com. i read the reviews and video reviews to see if it is really worth it.
and i also check the ratings.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 23 28-04-2006 , 03:13 PM
I usually dont buy games- but when I buy one I make sure its good, I ask friends, look at reviews, make sure its worth the money etc...

The only games I own are:

Halo (pc) (I got this about 6 mos. ago)

TES 3: Morrowind (got that like... 2 years ago, and I might get Oblivion)

Starcraft + expansion (4 years ago)

Warcraft 3 + expansion (3 years ago)

and thats about it.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 24 29-04-2006 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
Hey Matt, you are like the opisite of me. I get every game i can when i scrape up the money.
Basically the only requierments for me is that is has to have a map editor or mod tools.If it doesnt have these i get them based on the front cover user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 25 29-04-2006 , 08:46 PM
yeah im more like Matt.. only if a game is really good(and i usually rent it first).

Only games i own are:
Need for Speed 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... um well all of them.
Midnight Club 3
Halo 2
Burnout 3 Takedown
Burnout Revenge.

I hate people who bash and rant about games that a majority of the time they have never played. Recently they were bashing the 25 to Life game saying its a cop killer... The part they forget to mention is your killing crooked cops in a large segment of it. Besides the game sucks anyway...

I dont see why the ESRB doesnt catch on like movie or TV ratings. Ive stopped parents in Wal-Mart before when they were trying to buy their 9 year old San Andreas... They had no idea.

Obvioulsy everyone is different. Ive been playin very violent games back to original Mortal Kombats when they were the source of all evil and i was fine. I knew the difference between a game and reality. But you would be surprised to realize how many people do not.

For common sense... its surprisingly uncommon.

# 26 30-04-2006 , 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone

Youve all helped me with my research alot. I think ive got all the information i need for my media project but please feel free to keep posting if you want to.

Thanks again and happy gaming

user added image