Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-10-2003 , 08:43 AM
user title spammer

Border Edges within geometry

Hello!

I got that Problem, you see on the attached picture.

Geometry´s history:
2 nurbs surfaces (upper surface, lower surface), converted to polygons, vertices on border weld, some edges on border deleted ...

how can i get rid of those border edges and convert them to normal edges ?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-10-2003 , 09:56 AM
Although it seems like you have only two vertices connecting one edge, you may actually have multiple. Try selecting the vertices you've marked in the above image and do Edit Polygons -> Merge Vertices. Up the distance value a bit and see if it has any effect. If not then this is some other problem...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 09-10-2003 , 10:25 AM
user title spammer
i did that - no effect ...

i solved the problem by going back and connect the tow polygon pieces with "weld border edge" ... that one worked perfectly ... but still don´t know how that border edges above were created and why the didn´t want do go away