Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-11-2014 , 07:39 PM

How to make a paper rigid?

I have a paper folded to make two flaps A and B.

If I rotate the flap A a little more, then It will just pass through the flap B.

I want to make the paper more realistic so that it pushes the flap B instead of passing through the flap B.

I would appreciate very much if you direct me how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Attached Images
# 2 01-12-2014 , 09:37 PM
What I want to do first is to prevent the flap A crossing the flap B, i.e., the rotation just stop when it touches the flap B even though a larger rotation is given to it.

In other words, I want to make the flap A to the active rigid body and the flap B the inactive rigid body if they are two different objects.

Would this possible within the same object?

Last edited by muonium; 05-12-2014 at 03:27 PM.
# 3 08-01-2015 , 02:38 PM
I mean its totally possible but can you explain what you are doing and why?
If this is the entirety of the scene you are working on then i'd just stop rotation the object by hand as doing a rig constraint or dynamics is over the top.

You could do some trigenometry to figure out what the rotational constraint could be but its a bit involved to explain here

FX supervisor - double negative