Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-08-2005 , 02:12 PM

color manipulation

Hello!

I have finished a project and now I am in the process of doing some final touch ups, but I notice some odd things in the attribut editor and was wondering if someone has an explanation:

I have assigned a color and texture to each geometric object in the scene, but when I go in the edit attribue box to play with the color a little, it shows that I have chosen Lambert1 (from the first maya tutorial that I haven't touvched since!) and that I have a file attached to this color. It's odd because in the maya scene or render window, I can see the proer color, but I can't change it in the attribut editor... :headbang:

So I believe that if I can get rid of that file it is mapped/attached to, it should show the appropriate color. My problem is, I don't know how to unattach a file from the color?

Thank you very much in advance,
Alex

# 2 05-08-2005 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
in the hypershade right click on your material that your talkin about, then goto 'graph network' then you should see the file, just select and delete it user added image

# 3 05-08-2005 , 03:22 PM
Thank you so much Matt! You just made my day user added image