Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-01-2006 , 07:02 PM

Mayas annoying seethroughness...

You know how if you select cvs or faces it maya likes to select any ones behind the one you select in persp view, is there a way to stop this cos its annoyin cos i can shift and grab large areas cos i get all whats behind aswell.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

# 2 18-01-2006 , 07:41 PM
I am not sure, but you may want to look up backface culling. I could be totally wrong as I haven't used it. I am at work now and so cannot check. Hope this helps.

# 3 18-01-2006 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
Yup, Backface Culling it is... Dunno where it is though, as I've never used it myself user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 4 18-01-2006 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
you can find the backface culling option under display---custompolygon disply(select the options box) at the bottom of the window turn backface culling to on.

# 5 19-01-2006 , 01:15 PM
hmm i tried that but still its selecting the vertices behind whenever i shift and grab a group:headbang: