Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-09-2002 , 09:02 AM

Mirror problem

I em stuck.
Can somebody able to help me how to mirror NURBS objects. I try with duplicate options, but dont work out.
Is there different way?

I love mechanical thing.

Last edited by vladan; 19-09-2002 at 09:45 AM.
# 2 19-09-2002 , 05:38 PM
The Maya Mountain
First of all, the object's pivot point has to be in the center. To move this pivot, select the object and press the Insert key on the keyboard (right above the delete key... at least, it is for my US keyboard :p). After you move the pivot to where it needs to be, you can press insert again to go back into normal mode.

Now, to mirror it, reset your duplication settings to default. Also, it can help if you Freeze Transformations, but it's not necessary (Modify > Freeze Transformations). So, duplicate the shape and in whichever axis you want to mirror on, put a "-" (without quotes) in front of that Scale Axis in the Channel Box.

So, for example. I've got half a torso that I want to mirro in the X direction. I'll Freeze Transformations, taking it's scale back to 1, move the pivot point to the center (I model around the origin for simplicity's sake, so the center is usually the origin for me), Duplicate, and put -1 in Scale X.

Note that most mirrored surfaces end up with their normals reversed after you freeze their transformations to make the -1 a positive 1.

Hope some of that makes sense. heh heh

# 3 19-09-2002 , 09:35 PM
Thanks man.:banana:
This was killing me from beginninguser added image

I love mechanical thing.