Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-11-2002 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber

My rendering menu is gone

Don't ask me how it happned, but when I click on the Render Menu it says:

// Error: Cannot find procedure "MayaWindow|mainRenderMenu". //

also, another thing, now I have a new Shelf tab that looks like the attached picture. I didnt make it either. Now when I try to render anything, it just shows me a black window and does not want to render... user added image

2 days ago it was just fine..user added image

# 2 17-11-2002 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
ok... forget it... I guess maya works like windows... restart it and everything is fine user added image

-Emo

# 3 17-11-2002 , 01:20 PM
Kevin
lol, at least its on now user added image

# 4 17-11-2002 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
actually I re-created the problem user added image

I notced it disappears when I open this project I was working on with Fluids.... (dont ask me why)....maybe it's a bug??

-Emo

# 5 17-11-2002 , 11:23 PM
I had the same trouble when I installed mental ray for maya public beta, seems to be a bug. What did fix it temporarily was to open the renderview and switch between to mental ray as renderer and back. If you set maya to use mental ray as default renderer in the preferences, it's fixed.

# 6 17-11-2002 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Emo
ok... forget it... I guess maya works like windows... restart it and everything is fine user added image

-Emo

Right!!!