Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-11-2008 , 07:02 AM
Subscriber

random dvd recording question

If i want to put some video onto dvd and make it playable on a dvd player which programs should i use?

in otherwords, what should i encode the video as, and what program will let me encode it in that way
and what program will let me burn the encoded video to dvd?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 18-11-2008 , 09:57 AM
Nero, Adobe Audition, Adobe Premier, Avid Express Pro, many many many more.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 18-11-2008 , 12:39 PM
I like dvd lab pro for making dvds, the interface is shoddy but i found it can do pretty much everything (that i needed). I tried nero out but its super basic and it struggled with some simple tasks.

you should use mpeg 2 .m2v format for dvd if you dont allready.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 4 20-11-2008 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
i thought nero was just for copying cds and dvds and burning ISOs and other data....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 20-11-2008 , 11:01 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I use nero it does a good enough job for me, the quality is cool, even on my hi def tv the output is good , also windows has a built in movie maker that does have a couple of hi def output options too.

But have a look around at the stuff the other guys recommended too. then just take your pick

Jay