Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-01-2004 , 12:37 AM

Grow Selection Region tool not working

I am using the Gnomon training DVD. In one section I am supposed to use the Grow Selection Region tool to grow my selection of polygon faces. But, every time I select some polygon faces and hit Grow Selection Region, it de-selects the faces I have already selected instead of adding faces to selection.
Kori

# 2 25-01-2004 , 03:51 AM
Are you getting any kind of error message in the command line?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 25-01-2004 , 02:18 PM
I turned on my computer this morning and my Grow Selection Tool worked fine. The only thing I can think of is that I was working on the model using my Subdivide, Split Polygon tool and a few other poly tools before I started having problems with my Grow Selection Tool. Something I did corrupted the system memory or model. I tired shutting down the Maya program and restarting, but evidently that was not enough. I should have turned the computer off to clear the memory. Anyway, next time it happens I will know.

Kori