Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-09-2014 , 06:53 AM

Mental Ray Glass and Fluid

Hi,

I am having difficulties rendering a fluid effect through a mental ray thin glass preset. I have ensured that the fluid is visible under render stats for reflections and refractions but still it will not render.

Here is an example with a glass plane in front of a cube and a fluid effect. You can see the cube through the galss plane but not the fluid effect. This works with maya renderer and maya materials.

Has anybody any ideas as to what simple thing in Mental Ray that I have bound to have missed?

Many many thanks

Nick

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axvh1wv7pm...26.34.png?dl=0

# 2 27-09-2014 , 08:00 AM
The thin red line
Im not sure this is the solution but try this, in the render setting go to the quality tap then down to raytracing and change the reflection and refraction to 5 then change the max trace depth to 10................dave

# 3 27-09-2014 , 08:05 AM
Thanks Dave, just tried it and no joy

# 4 27-09-2014 , 08:29 AM
The thin red line
Try this one, turn on auto volume in the feature tab................dave

# 5 27-09-2014 , 09:05 AM
Dave you are a STAR! Many thanks.