Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-07-2003 , 05:31 AM

Manipulating the HOD and mouse functions?

Hi guys,

I've just come over from 3D max to start learning Maya 4 and i've got several thousand questions stored up but to get the ball rolling, i have two!

1. Can i turn of the Heads Up Display info on all views 'except' the Perspective? If so, how do i do this!

2. How can i edit the mouse functions? I want to do away with the current viewport zoom setting (Alt+MMB LMB) and change it to Alt+LMB. Can i do this and if so, how? (I tried looking for mouse operations in the win/pref/hotkeys tab but couldn't see anything relating).

Thanks to all that reply. Cheers!

Regards,
Nick.

# 2 15-07-2003 , 05:46 AM
Welcome to SM!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can. Just make the particular view active (clicking in it will work) and then turn off the HUD elements from Display > Heads Up Display.

2. No, you cannot edit the mouse functions. Those are hard-coded.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 15-07-2003 , 06:50 AM

Doesn't work!

Hi Danny,

Thanx for the welcome!

If i select the viewport (i.e. clicking with in it) and the border turns blue then select display/hod all windows are effected when i deslect the options!

Is there a global set of options somewhere which has a tick box or something saying one viewport effects all or something? Like when you hit the play button you can choose (in Max) if the animation will play in all viewports or just the active one. Maybe i have to change a setting in there or something?!

I am using Maya4 not Maya5 if that helps?

Regards,
Nick.

# 4 15-07-2003 , 06:55 AM
Hmm.. I thought it would work... hmm....

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job