Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-08-2003 , 12:08 AM
Subscriber

Simply Site Hosting

this is a rather long shot, but cant blame a guy for trying eh user added image
simply site hosting is up and offering hosting packages

is there a way free website hosting can be offered? now this was the idea i thought about.
most free website hosts usually have banners or popups on the website as the price you have to pay for the free hosting.
i know kev doesnt like banners and that, but seeing as this is like a ring of 3D sites, why could you not have a free package on simply site hosting which has banner links to any of the "simply" sites and gain some sort of revenue from banner clicks or something for SSH?

that could be beneficial for 2 reasons (that i can think of):

1. for those who have no income (not just no money, but no income) thered be an option for them to upload their artwork/portfolio etc
2. it would spread the word of the "simply" sites amongst many in the cg industry; increasing popluarity of the sites

so i dunno, im just asking cos im looking for a free host atm so i can set up my online 3d portfolio

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 19-08-2003 , 12:19 AM
Portfolio sites with banners just show how unprofessional the artist thinks his work is. user added image

That's the way I see it.

On another hand ... servers are mantained by direct consumer purchases ... not advertising. (Which since long showed uneffectiveness in keeping sites up)

Cool idea, yet utopical mate.

# 3 19-08-2003 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
/me agrees with adl...

If you want to set up a professional portfolio site, just use paid hosting.
There are many hosting providers that offer simple hosting packages for bottom-prices user added image

If you just want a site that shows your work, you don't need no fancy PHP and database-driven scripts ... Just a simple hosting will do (IMHO)

whatever!