Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-08-2004 , 03:36 AM

can maya do this?

i want to be able to use the paint tool to paint a bump map or displacement map directly on my models and see it on screen.

like perhaps paint wrinkles ect..

similar to the way i see it being done in zbrush.

is this possible to do in maya? the way i discribed it.

from what i can tell i think the answer is no, but i just want to make sure.

thanx

i bent my wookie!
# 2 24-08-2004 , 06:59 AM
no realtime feedback on bumps or displacements(on 5)... but you can paint any map in maya...
i think you could indeed get feedback on bumps with a cg shader and two side by side models one in wich is connected to color and the other with the cg shader and the same map as a bump... but its been so long i dont touch maya...

Last edited by dragonfx; 24-08-2004 at 07:03 AM.
# 3 24-08-2004 , 12:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, you can't get realtime updates on the bump/displacement in the panel. You only see those take affect when it renders.

# 4 24-08-2004 , 08:20 PM
well hopefully maya 6.5 they will have it hehe.

i bent my wookie!