Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-06-2005 , 09:15 PM
Banned

simplymaya ninja

hey all
I've started doing this real amazing tutorial on modling a ninja. But have got stuck on one part, spending like AGES on it, and its realy enoying me :headbang:
I really need someones help to get me back on track, I have just sortof roughly finished modling the head. But when kurt comes back into the next part he has like all these edge loops done perfectly, and looks just way better than mine! I was just wondering what way the edge loops are suppose to flow around the face?
cheers

Heres a pic of what its looking like now, in polygons:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-06-2005 , 09:44 PM

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 08-06-2005 , 10:05 PM
Banned
Thanks alot for Vedic kings i'll give that a try :attn: Hopefully it'll be lookin just as good as kurts soon.
Cheers vedic! user added image

# 4 08-06-2005 , 10:49 PM
No problem, i'm glad I could be of some helpuser added image

# 5 15-06-2005 , 10:32 AM
Banned

noob quest

srry for the noob question
I haven't been able to work on maya cause of a school assignment due in, but i'm back into it now user added image. I need sumones help though. I have spent ages trying to add these edge loops to my model, by going into it with the split polygon tool and trying to add lines like in the pic. But i cant get the lines looking right, and its really enoying me :angery: , but i'm still hanging in there. user added image
I would realy appreciate it if someone could please help me by telling me how to get from the model that mine looks like (above), to the one kirts looks like (below), when you come into the next part.
I really want to get better at modling characters, so ANY help would be much much appreciated!
Thanks heaps! :bow:
Meredith

# 6 15-06-2005 , 10:36 AM
Banned
opps :blush:
heres the pic of what kurts model looks like

Attached Images
# 7 15-06-2005 , 01:25 PM
The Maya Mountain
it really is mostly a matter of lots of practice.

# 8 15-06-2005 , 02:31 PM
ya like Mike has said it takes time..... What i would suggest is take a break from the head for a bit and move on to the body. Then come back into the head with fresh eyes. I find that helps me when i'm not geting the right look or result.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 9 15-06-2005 , 07:15 PM
Banned
Thanks for the advice. I'll take a break from the head :attn:
Cheers
Meredith

# 10 24-06-2005 , 12:18 AM
Banned
well i've had a break at the head and have came back to it. Its taking ages to get use to seaming i'm a slow learner but its sort of starting to make scence :attn:
I dont know if these edge loopings are looping the correct way or not, i'd realy appreciate it if someone can tell me if they are going the right way or wrong way.
Thanks heaps
Meredith

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 24-06-2005 , 01:19 AM
Technical Director

loops

here you go:

Attached Thumbnails

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 12 31-07-2005 , 11:15 AM
Banned
lol, yeah.
Well here i am again. I gave up the project, but thought i would come back and give it another go. Heres what i have been up 2 on the body. I have started adding detail in the abbs but for some reason its looking way different and worse than kurts. Any comments would be much appreciated!
Thanks
by the way, ignore the ears :headbang:

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 01-08-2005 , 05:08 AM
Subscriber

Meredith

When you do the clothes, are you extruding the original model
or are you making a new model covering and combinding it
afterwards?

Nice work user added image

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>