Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-06-2007 , 04:55 AM

DID ANYONE HAD THIS ISSUE?

I am working with MAYA for Architectural visual design, now i was told that i could install the BONUS TOOL and then i could get my DWGs into MAYA 8.5 without any problem .... COOL !! i tried and was working fine apart from the slowness of the software when trying to read all those Auto CAD lines ... well i finished my project .. now came my problem ... in my rendering settings i cannot find the Mental option anymore ... since i installed the BONUS TOOL , the mental RAY disappeared from the drop list ... i tried reinstalling but it didn't work!!!

DOES ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE ??

MANY THANKS

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
# 2 01-06-2007 , 05:10 AM
Subscriber
Easy to fix if you goto Window->Settings/Preferrences->Plug-in Manager

In this list find Mayatomr.mll which is the mental ray. Check loaded and autoload if you want it to be there everytime you start up Maya.

I hope this fixes the problem so it's not something more serious user added image

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 3 01-06-2007 , 05:38 AM
Thanks, it worked....
i am so knew to this program

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.