Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-12-2010 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber

Strange Problem - Unable to change attributes for multiple objects

I have not used Maya since version 7. I use to able to select multiple objects and change an attribute, this would apply this for all objects in one hit. For instance, I could select 4 polygon objects and change a render stat, each object would then reflect the change.

I just upgrade to Maya 2011, if I select 5 objects and change a render stat, only the first object reflects the change. Now I have 255 objects I need to change, I do not relish applying these setting individually.

I have tried selecting multiple objects through the outliner, dragging and selecting objects one at a time. The same problem persists through each method.

Is this some sort of weird glitch?

Any help would be very appreciated,
Anthony

# 2 04-12-2010 , 07:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think that's normal behaviour. I agree it's pretty lame. Here's what you can do. Select all, then open Window > General Editors > Attribute Spreadsheet. There you'll have a bunch of tabs and attributes that you can change for all or some of the selected objects. Hope that helps.

# 3 04-12-2010 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Stwert, that did the job.

Regards,
Anth

# 4 04-12-2010 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
Actually the problem still persists. I want to be able to edit render stats for all the objects. For the object in the scene I need to turn "primary visibility" off.

I use to select all the objects, then change a setting like this. Because they were all highlighted the setting would be carried accross to all the objects.

This seemed to be a standard option. Currently there is no way to do this unless I do this individually for each objects.

Before going to 2011 each version I have used had this feature. And it is a standard feature so is it a glitch withing maya 2011?

# 5 04-12-2010 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
Actually it does allow me to do this in the Attribute Spreadsheet, did not see the render tab!

Still like the old way though. Thanks for your help Stwert