Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-09-2002 , 06:30 AM

Attaching

Been workin on a character and trying to attach both feet. But when I hit attach the legs kind of collapse and square off on one and the other attach's at the wrong points. I made the faces the same and such but no luck any help would be great.........

# 2 22-09-2002 , 04:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
how about a screenshot?

# 3 23-09-2002 , 10:09 PM
Oowhaaa, I fixed most of it. Now I'm at a point where on one leg the forward vertices are connected but not the back two. Cause when I go to do anything with that area the seam seperates. Any help would be great.

# 4 23-09-2002 , 10:34 PM
Its a little small but first time for fcheck as well. user added image

# 5 29-09-2002 , 09:09 AM
I see a person is ****ed here also if ya dont have money..........

# 6 29-09-2002 , 04:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
Sorry you feel that way. I couldn't tell what was happening in your screenshot, so I figured I'd let someone else help you... looks like possibly the others couldn't tell as well... Are you using polys? Nurbs? Sub-Ds? Have you checked your normals?

We always try to help when we can... user added image

# 7 29-09-2002 , 04:40 PM
Kevin
send up the .mb and we will make sure it gets looked at... but please mate be a little patient! sometimes we do miss posts or just dont have time...

there isn't many questions on this board that go un-answered ...from people who DONT pay!