Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-04-2005 , 01:10 PM
The Maya Mountain

Mar/Apr Challenge Final NEWBIE Entries!

Post your finals here! Only final entries, please. If you'd like to comment on them, please do so at their original thread.

Final entires should be no larger than 640x480. If you'd like to post larger images, please link to them from your own hosting. Feel free to post wires, texture maps, etc and describe your entry.

Only images posted in the final entry threads will be considered up for the final judging.

Thanks!

# 2 29-04-2005 , 06:35 PM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 3 01-05-2005 , 05:52 PM
Running a bit late. Sorry about that. Hope I still count.
Had major trouble with Parent constraining objects to the hands. Afer some tries I though I had figured it out,... I worked around it for this project though.

Basically my robot is a pencil sharpner that can clip small stuff on its back. Drives around to help pencils in need user added image

here is a breakdown of my character:

arms
combination of polygons, NURBS and Subdivs (subdiv pads and fingertips converted from polygons). The whole arm and all fingers are setup with IK and with SDK.

wheel
Tire, rim and suspensions are made up of NURBS (no convertion used). Can't go wrong with Good Year! user added image
(Profile on the tire is not a texture)
Used a math. expression to rotate the wheel is it moves forth and back (not foolproof yet). Suspension is SDK.

eyes
Eyelids, cornea, eyeballs, pupil, iris all seperate NURBS (no convertion used). Eyelids, eyeballs and iris are animated with SDK. Eyes are aim constrained. Texture of circuitboard on the iris.

body shell
completly made up of NURBS (no convertion used). The 2 halfs can rotate and bounce using SDK

clips
Made from polygons and some NURBS.

Misc.
Pencils are made from NURBS and the eraser NURBS converted from polygons.
Used 3 directional lights to creat ambient (my version of 3 point lighting) and 2 spotlights for shadows and highlights. Did something wrong in the Light Linking,so Some lights don't shine on objects that should.

The animation can be found here. (in an hour from when I post this, slow internet connection). In all haste making this animation at the last minute, it could have been a lot better (no sound, here and there a hand drops thru the floor etc.). But i hope u still enjoy it. If not ... let me know why user added image

Some more images:
https://www.bitnetics.com/projects/helper2.jpg
https://www.bitnetics.com/projects/helper3.jpg

Added note:
Here u can see what textures I've used in the scene.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Eelco; 05-05-2005 at 09:09 AM.
# 4 04-05-2005 , 09:13 AM
I haven't had much time lately. But I'll just post my unfinnished work here to fill it up a bit. Although I don't think they can even compete with the other two.
I hope for better luck in the next challenge.

https://home.wanadoo.nl/voorweg/A.jpg